Grilled Shrimp w/ 3 Citrus - Red Pepper - Ginger Rum
Island Marinade - Grilling Sauce (Serves 4)
1 ½ lbs. of peeled headless large shrimp
1 large juicy lime cut into halves
2 green onion stalks, finely chopped
12 oz. bottle of Soggy Sandals™ 3 Citrus - Red Pepper - Ginger Rum Island Marinade - Grilling Sauce
- Rinse the shrimp under cold running water, then drain and blot dry with paper towels.
- In a bowl combine shrimp with 6 oz. of Soggy Sandals 3 Citrus – Red Pepper – Ginger Rum Island Marinade – Grilling Sauce. Stir well and cover, then let marinade for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Place a vegetable oiled metal grilling basket on the grill.
- Heat the grill and basket to medium high.
- Spoon marinated shrimp into metal basket. Grill 8 to 10 minutes turning every 2 minutes until browned on the outside and firm and pink on the inside.
- Remove from grill and spoon on serving plates. Squeeze lime over the plated shrimp and lightly sprinkle with chopped green onions.
- Reserve some of the Soggy Sandals™ 3 Citrus – Red Pepper – Ginger Rum Island Marinade – Grilling Sauce for the table.
Great with a white, brown or wild rice pilaf. A flavorful side dish is onion, green pepper and cherry tomato combination grilled 12 minutes in an oiled grill basket, and then sprinkled with Cajun Spice! Awesome!!
Grilled Chicken Quarters w/ Guava - Jalapeno - Pineapple Rum
Island Marinade - Grilling Sauce (Serves 4)
4 chicken quarters
12 oz. bottle of Soggy Sandals™ Guava - Jalapeno - Pineapple Rum Island Marinade - Grilling Sauce
Salt & Pepper
- Rinse chicken quarters under cold running water, drain, then blot dry with paper towels.
- Place in a bowl or dish, salt and pepper and cover.
- To perfectly cook chicken quarters, use a two tiered method enabling you to control the heat by moving the chicken back and forth over the hotter and cooler sections of the grill. If using a gas grill, heat one side to medium high and leave the other side of the grill unlit. If using charcoal grill, stack charcoal to one side, light and do not place charcoal on the other side of the grill.
Oil grill with vegetable oil before placing over heat. Place chicken skin down over the heated section of the grill for 4 minutes; turn 3 more times at 4 minutes each. If the drippings from the chicken cause a high flame, temporarily move chicken pieces to cooler section of the grill until the flames subside, then, back over the heated section.
After turning 3 times, move chicken to the cooler section of the grill away from the lighted grill section or charcoal heated section. With grill top closed cook chicken indirectly 40 minutes turning every 10 minutes until instant read thermometer inserted into the middle of the chicken reaches 160 degrees F.
During indirect cooking, baste both sides of chicken each 10 minute turn with Soggy Sandals™ Guava - Jalapeno - Pineapple Rum Island Marinade - Grilling Sauce. Reserve some of the sauce to serve at the table. Serve with sliced peaches soaked in Rum and grilled for 5 minutes on each side! Wow!!
Caribbean Pork Tenderloin w/ Mango - Adobo Chipotle - Lime Rum
Island Marinade - Grilling Sauce (Serves 6 to 8)
3 - 12oz. to 16oz. Pork Tenderloins
12 oz. Bottle of Soggy Sandals™ Mango - Adobo Chipotle - Lime Rum Island Marinade - Grilling Sauce
Beach Comber Rub
½ cup firmly packed Dark Brown Sugar
2 tablespoons Seasoned Salt
2 tablespoons Garlic Salt
2 tablespoons Celery Salt
2 tablespoons Chili Powder
1 teaspoon Ground Allspice
1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
½ teaspoon Dry Mustard
½ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
¼ teaspoon Ground Cloves
1/8 teaspoon Ground Mace
- Prepare Beach Comber Rub by combining rub ingredients in a bowl, blend well and set aside.
- Trim the tenderloins of fat and silver skin, then rinse in cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle rub evenly all over the tenderloins
- Heat grill to a medium heat. If using a gas grill. Use a smoke box with mesquite chips soaked for minimum of one hour on gas burner. If using a charcoal grill spread soaked chips in the coals.
- Place the tenderloins directly on the heated grill, cover and cook 40 to 45 minutes. Turn every 10 minutes.
- 15 minutes before the tenderloins are done, baste thoroughly with Soggy Sandals™ Mango - Adobo Chipotle - Lime Rum Island Marinade - Grilling Sauce. Cover and cook until instant read thermometer inserted into the center registers at least 145 degrees F; if you like your pork more done then cook to 155 to 165 degrees F.
- Remove from grill and let tenderloins rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Serve with reserved Soggy Sandals™ Mango - Adobo Chipotle - Lime Rum Island Marinade - Grilling Sauce.
Great served with rice pilaf and/or grilled yellow or zucchini squash! This is unbelievably good!!
1 ripe mango diced
1/4 cupdiced red bell pepper
1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
1 seeded and diced jalapeno pepper
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/4 cup Soggy Sandals™ Mango Sauce
2 tablespoons minced cilantro
Combine ingredients and mix well. (Great served with Sea Bass & Jasmine Rice!)
Great served with Sea Bass & Jasmine Rice!
Duck on the Big Green Egg with Soggy Sandals™ 3 Citrus Marinade-Sauce
- Rub the Duck first with Mojo dry rub and our Soggy Sandals™ 3 Citrus Sauce
- Stuff the Duck with apples and oranges
- Inverted it onto a Chicken Roaster (beer can chicken type) so it would drain and crisp.
- Cook to 185 degrees (about 2-1/2 hrs.)